2/14/12

Ladies of Calvary: MARRIAGE CHALLENGE - Reverence in Behavior, Part II

Reverence in Behavior, Part II

I love the above picture!  It is a picture of another time, when being a bride meant forever . . . for real, forever!  I love looking at it and praying the Proverbs 31 prayer (yep, it is a prayer for me) over my position as help-meet to my husband.  It also brings to my mind the words God gave me to deliver just a few days ago on our last Devotional post . . . "Become the bride Jesus deserves!"  (Click HERE if you missed that post!) 

The intense prompting of the Spirit has been evoked in me.  I want to Become the Bride!  I want you to join me as well, so much so that, "Becoming the Bride" may now become the name of our Marriage Challenge.
Didn't I already become a bride?  Yes, we have all said "I do" . . . or are about to say it.  

What I mean is returning to the true spirit behind the longing to become a bride.  Look to Christ this time though, not just your husband.  Becoming the Bride is becoming what HE wants us to be, what HE is making us to be, what HE created us to be! 

A Bride, A Help-meet, A Mentor, A Handmaiden, A Servant, A Friend . . . 

and then THE BRIDE . . . AGAIN! . . . but part of the perfect Bride of Christ.  God wants to take us on a journey.  Let's go full-circle with this one Ladies of Calvary and friends!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Today's Devotional:


1. Do I do what I know my husband would want me to do, even when he is not with me, or when he has not clearly specified his wishes in a particular situation?

Scripture Reference: James 4:17

Focus Scripture -
"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil."  Proverbs 31:11

2. Do I invest thought, time, and energy in pleasing my husband?

Scripture Reference: 1 Corinthians 7:34

Focus Scripture -
"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."  Proverbs 31:27

3. Do my actions show kindness and a proper esteem and honor for my husband?

Scripture References: Phillippians 2:3, Ephesians 5:33

Focus Scripture -
"And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;  And to esteem them very highly in  love for their work's sake.  And be at peace among yourselves."  1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I will close today with just a word of encouragement.  Keep going sister, you have already come so far.  Take some time today to just meditate on these words and scriptures and let Jesus do the rest!  We will pick up this study again in Reverence in Behavior starting on Thursday.  Praying for you all until that time!


In Christ’s service,
Mrs. Mac says, "Welcome!"
Sister Mac

(a.k.a. Joyful Socks Mom)

• Quotations used that are italicized are from the book As Unto the Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.