11/1/13

The Work of Atonement {Poem}

John 1:16-17 NKJV
"And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." 

You first loved me,
It is yet a mystery to me why;
Yet while still sinning You loved me,
And imparted to me Your amazing Grace, most high.

Not that I, through repentance,
Have brought my own redemption nigh;
But that Atonement was given only,
When to Calvary You went to die.

You defy all earthly logic,
In how You bring about my Atonement of sin;
The new creature You have made me, 
Is alone, worked by You from within.

No work is mine to bleed, to justify, to sanctify, or to atone;
It is a miracle given freely, by Jesus Christ alone.

Philippians 1:6 NKJV 
"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"

Joyfully Learning with You,
The Joyful Socks Mom 

Be sure to keep up with Joyful Socks on PinterestTwitterInstagram & Facebook

Please be sure to see some related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.