3/4/10

Help Lord, I'm Getting Ready to Homeschool My High Schooler: Ebook Review

Help Lord, I'm Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler: Ebook Review

I have the privilege of reviewing for my readers ,today, a new Ebook from the trusted writers and contributors at The Old Schoolhouse magazine & store.  The Old Schoolhouse magazine has been a staple in our home since we began our own homeschooling journey over 4 years ago.  In addition to their resourceful magazine, The Old Schoolhouse, also publishes many helpful Ebooks & resources that are built to help guide, lead and encourage homeschool parents and students.  You can visit The Old Schoolhouse store to see more of their great homeschooling resources.










Today I will be reviewing the Ebook: Help Lord, I'm Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler, written and compiled by the Old Schoolhouse writing team, headed by Kathy Reynolds.  The book retails at $12.45 and is a convenient downloadable product (no shipping required).  This Ebook is targeted toward parents that are preparing to homeschool their children between the ages of 14 - 18 years of age.  That being said, I do believe that this book is an excellent resource for parents with younger children too.  Any encouragement or help that can be gained in homeschooling your child is always welcome and essential.  Why not get a head-start!

This book was an encouraging resource for me as a homeschooling parent, even as a parent that views homeschooling a high school student from the far off (yet, too quickly coming) distance.  There is nothing more nerve wrecking to a home educator than preparing for the unknown.  Diving into the unchartered waters of homeschooling a teenager could drive any parent to make choices that they would not normally make.  This Ebook includes practical advise for the parent ready to homeschool an older child and encourages those in the unchartered waters of homeschooling high schoolers to stay the course.  The many families that contributed to this ebook share their stories of trial and triumph in homeschooling their own high schoolers.  The success stories are all very different, therefore; I feel confident is saying that I believe every home educator will find at least one method that speaks to their current situation.  

I found it encouraging to know that there is no one exact formula to follow in homeschooling your older child during high school.  Every homeschool is different, every student is different and every high school experience will be different.  What remains the same is the need for every child to be homeschooled by the people that will advocate for them the most 
. . . their parents!  I recommend this Ebook as a source for encouragement and guidance to those home educators who need it the most - HIGH SCHOOL PARENTS!

Be blessed in your homeschooling journey!

www.TheMacRak.com
http://www.themacrak.blogspot.com/
Note from the reviewer: This review is my opinion of a product that was sent for me to review.  I was not compensated for my opinion in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.