3/5/10

A Prayer for the Keepers Keeper

Keepers At Home: A Prayer for the Keepers Keeper



I have been recently inspired from a post that I read on Today's Housewife by my friend Kristi, about praying for your husband.  Read Kristi's post HERE.  How essential is this act of faith and love, yet how inconstant is my act of praying for my own dear husband daily. (That's my official confession and repentance, dear sisters.)  I challenge you all to reflect on your own prayer life daily, but especially your prayers for the man whom God has placed over you in marriage and life.  

Here is a reflection into my heart's prayer for my own husband:

"Dear Lord,
I thank you for another day where Your mercies are new!  I pray to glorify You with this day and to be a true Keeper at Home, with my heart anchored solidly to Your will for my life.

I give thanks to You, oh God, for the faithful man that You have placed over me as my husband.  Bless his life today Lord.  Give him wisdom and peace today.  Thank you for the way You allow him to provide for our family.  Thank you for giving him a gentle, kind and merciful nature.  Keep his heart close to Yours!  Bless him as a father to our children.  May he impart to them Your precious Word and lead them daily in Your righteousness.  Give him patience and steadfastness in disciplining and discipling our children.  Lord, protect and surround him with Your love.  Give him strength in his weaknesses and keep him from sin's path.  Give him favor at work and promote him that You might receive all the glory!  Be with him and bring him divine appointments that would strengthen his resolve to walk with You daily.

I give thanks to You for my marriage.  Nurture our relationship with You, oh God, that we may reflect Your love unto the world.  Bless our marriage and keep it sacred and holy, unto You.  Lord, I submit to this man, my husband, as unto You and thank you for Your hand in our lives.

In Jesus' victorious and holy name I pray, Amen, Amen.





Proudly serving and promoting my man!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm following from Friday Follow! Please come visit and follow my blog! I have the exact layout as you! It's fun to see someone else with the same one! Have a great weekend!

    http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prayer...thanks for sharing with us and reminding us to pray this things for our husbands too!



    I see that you are crafty, so I'm wondering if you would be interested in participating in my Mom Blogger Contest for $100 Cash prize during the month of April for MissTutu.com?

    The details are here http://www.misstutu.com/mom-blogger-contest.html


    Thanks for considering! I think your readers will really enjoy this too since they get a free tutu making lesson!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.