11/9/09

Menu Plan Monday From: OrgJunkie.com



And we are stocked up and ready to roll this week with an updated menu!
We are starting to change a few eating habits in an attempt to keep eveyone healthy.

1.  I am adding hot tea (herbal) to each evening time meal
2. I am adding a snack to the menu to help the kids get through the homeschool day.  They eat snacks now, but it is more "off-the-cuff" and not as organized as the rest of our menu . . . so that's that.
3.  We are feeding ourselves plenty of fruit, but we will be consuming it differently.  Eating it on an empty stomach & waiting 20 minutes before eating the rest of the meal.

The other perk about this week's menu is that I only spent $108 for the last 2 weeks worth of groceries.  I love that feeling of empowerment when I know that I am feeding my family in a healthy way and being a good steward of our blessings from the Lord!

Be sure to check out more great menu plans and recipes at Organizining Junkie.  Stop by and post your menu plan link today!

B = Breakfast, S = Snack, L = Lunch, D = Dinner

Tuesday -
B: Cereal w/milk & Banana
S: Apple w/ Iced Water
L: Snack Plate (Turkey, Cheese, French Bread)
D: Spaghetti w/Meatballs Marinara, Salad, Hot Tea (Lemon Ginger)

Wednesday -
B: Sausage Quesadillas
S: Granola w/ Iced Water
L: Peanut Butter, Crackers, Cheese & Grapes
D: Talapia, Rice Pilaf, Brussel Sprouts & Hot Chamomille Tea

Thursday -
B: Cereal w/ Milk, Banana and Juice
S: Apple w/ Iced Water
L: Popcorn, Cheese, Fruit Salad
D: Chili w/ Beans, Cornbread, Hot Lemon Zinger Tea

Friday -
B: Oatmeal Pancakes/ Banana & Juice
S: Granola w/ Iced Water
L: Biscuit Pizzas w/ Apples
D: Hamburgers, Salad & Home Fries, Hot Ginger Tea

Saturday -
B: 2 Egg Omlets w/ veggies Hot Tea
S: Banana w/ Iced Water
L: Chicken Soup w/ Wild Rice
D: Turkey w/ Stuffing, Squash, Salad & Hot Mint Tea

Sunday -
B: Daddy cooks breakfast
L: Meatloaf, Potatoes, Green Beans
D: Leftovers
Have a blessed and prosperous week!
Heather Mac

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heather, it's been awhile since I stopped in.

    I started homeschooling this year myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Carolee. This is our 4th year, and I count myself so blessed to continue in this adventure. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.