10/25/13

5 Hour Clean-up & The New Clock {Weekend Reflecting}

Reflecting on the week with joy; come good, bad, or indifferent . . . 

This week was a flash, and the weekend flashed by right along after it.  I did feel quite accomplished Friday afternoon after 5 hours of intensive cleaning and organizing (yea, me and my awesome family that helped).  I tend to get five times the work done with the threat of a last-minute house guest, rather than procrastinating for five weeks! Particularly if said house guest is of the mother-in-law variety. ;)


We enjoyed our extended family this weekend and lots of feasting and some super fun "window" shopping.  My hubby surprised me with an early gift from the Gypsy Junk Revival.

My new Gone with the Wind clock . . . just can't stop loving this movie.
I will have to buckle down on Monday with some grading and lesson planning, but with my new clock . . . no problem staying on task.

What I'm reading this week . . .  
What's on my e-Reader . . . 
I am really focused on helping my kids on with their writing, so I am doing a quick review of Essay Tune-up by: Jimmie Laney



What the kids are reading this week . . . 
The Squeaker: Johnny Tremain . . . oh, and here's a shocker, a new Warriors Series book
The Scout: Johnny TremainThe Time Machine (continues to finish), Star Trek book (of un-noteable title)
The Bug: Farmer Boy, The Tale of Despereaux, Caddie Woodlawn


Mom projects that I tackled this week . . . 
  • Finished our Trade Day at co-op this week.  My Junior High history students were treated to an afternoon studying under a master tradesman & then bartering with their friends.  Here are some shots:






  • New crochet inspiration on Pinterest this week . . .I am still trying to make up my mind where to start.  
  • I am working on getting more this week to whip up for Hanukkah for the kids, which becomes slightly more difficult as they become older kids. Here is my Pinterest board inspiration for gifting to the kids.

Okay, I just had to add this picture.  The girls worked some community service for 4-H at a Dog Costume Parade & this was SO MY FAVORITE!  Thank-ya-Thank-ya very much!

I'm Eating?  

Still having difficulties eating consistently healthy & exercising. Any motivation you could throw this way would be great.

Here are the posts I enjoyed this week . . .
  • Here are some wonderful nourishing recipes for good soups as you prepare to outsmart colds and flus.
  • 101 Festive Fall Tutorials from Everythingetsy.com is a great way to get ready for the changing of the seasons. www.everythingetsy.com/2011/08/101-festive-fall-tutorials/
  • Try getting out of doors this week and enjoy this Autumn Squirrel Study http://.blogspot.com/2013/10/outdoor-hour-
    challenge-autumn-squirrel.html?m=1
  • Good read for those who may still be on the fence with Halloween. http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/should-christians-observe-halloween/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.