7/13/14

Breakfast Is On - 5 Real Food Breakfasts I Eat

Rise and Shine!  Give God the glory! 
and eat.your.breakfast.

We all know that we should, but do you really make the time to do the actually healthy, real-food-breakfast-thing?  

The answer for me personally used to be, not so much.  Now it is an essential launching point for my day.  Most vitamins and supplements I take require food before taking.  I also know I am setting healthier patterns for myself, and for my children to learn.

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but the nagging question is ... What's for breakfast?

Here are 5 Real-Food Breakfasts I've been enjoying to start my day:

• Fried eggs, strawberries & hot lemon water.

Sweet potato cakes (recipe to follow on this page), poached egg on greens & sliced mango.

• Kale Scrambled Eggs, uncured turkey bacon, sliced apples, and avocado.

• Zucchini & goat cheese omelet, salsa, tomatoes & strawberries.

• Fried eggs on greens, uncured turkey bacon, grapefruit with stevia, side of raspberries.

SWEET POTATO CAKES Recipe
Ingredients: 
  • 2 peeled and boiled sweet potatoes (we save the peels and use to make sweet tater skin fries for snacking)
  • 1 egg
  • 5 Tblsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 3-5 Tblsp. gluten free flour (coconut, almond, quinoa, etc)
  • 3 Tblsp. ground chia seed
  • 1 tsp. Gluten Free Baking Powder (aluminum free)
  • 3 pinches of Celtic grey sea salt
  • Pepper to taste, OR sometimes I nix the pepper and add cinnamon and ginger to make it a sweeter (tasting) treat
Mash sweet potatoes using whisk or mixer.  Mix egg & coconut oil.  In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.  Finally combine wet and dry ingredients.  Pat mixture into flat, pancake-like shapes and place on hot skillet.  Brown thoroughly on both sides, approximately 10-15 minutes to cook.

Breakfast doesn't need to be complicated, just consistent and real.

What is your favorite healthy breakfast fare?

You can read more about my journey back to health here.
Joyfully Learning with You,

The Joyful Socks Mom 

Be sure to keep up with Joyful Socks on PinterestTwitterInstagram & Facebook

Articles that are still joyful:

Great selection of bulk herbs, books, and remedies. Articles, Research Aids and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.