12/22/12

His Ways Are Wonderful & I Don't Have To Ask Why!

Luke 1:51-54 (NKJV)

"He has shown strength with His arm;
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly.

53 He has filled the hungry with good things,
And the rich He has sent away empty.

54 He has helped His servant Israel,
In remembrance of His mercy,"




The key to understanding God's ways is this . . . stop asking why?

Now before you get all huffy-puffy on me, please understand a few things:
  • I think it is healthy and natural to question.
  • I know that I, myself, still struggle with this concept, so I acknowledge that I, too, need growth in this area.
  • I know that these ideas are "counter-culture", but most who know me will plainly understand . . . being culturally relevant is not high on my list of priorities! OBVIOUSLY!
PHOTO CREDIT
Why is asking "why" so dangerous anyway?

Isaiah 55:8

New King James Version (NKJV)

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord."

Job 40:1-2

New King James Version (NKJV)
"Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said: 'Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it.'"
Contending in our hearts that according to God and His ways, we just don't know that much can be difficult for many.  This is, of course, not a "far stretch" for me much of the time.  Why?  I have been in acceptance of the vastness of what little I truly understand. ;)
Fortunately, or unfortunately in this case, we humans feel an innate need to understand our world and surroundings.  Meanwhile the world and culture we live in actually elevates and glorifies those who question authority and the natural order of things.  Our need to understand is fueled by our society's need to "feel" important.  The pride of life.  Oh boy, don't get me started on that dangerous topic!
What does the song of Mary teach us about a proper response to our need for understanding?
  • Submission - Mary acknowledged the LORD's ways being far above that of her own feeble understanding.
  • Surrender - Mary accepted the Word of the Lord in any and all forms that it came to her.  She may have asked how, but she did not ask why.

Luke 1:38-39

New King James Version (NKJV)
"Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her."
  • Consistency - Mary over and over shows an unwavering faith in God's Providential hand in her life.  Her faith trumped her circumstance.
Let us not get caught up in the "why" of this world.

Let us instead reach for the wonder of God's faithfulness to those who fear Him and follow His ways . . . ways we may not understand, but that we do trust.

He sent Himself to be sacrifice for my sin and yours.  

Why?  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, but I am thankful!  Aren't you?


Original PHOTO CREDIT
I hope this series will be a source of peace and joy for you this season.  Join in tomorrow as we discuss how to hear from the Lord throughout the generations.


PHOTO CREDIT: A Mary Heart Logo Button ORIGINAL WORK BY: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pokpok/ ---> Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.