This is my orange juice container. I requested mass quantities of orange juice recently, as it seems to be what my body craves when I am feeling unwell. My sweet, wonderful, fabulous husband was happy to oblige. As it appears though, there was some kind of MAJOR mishap between the store and my kitchen.
This afternoon, after receiving unwelcome results from the doctor (no worries folks, I'm good. Scout's honor), I immediately reached for a refreshing glass of orange juice mixed with aloe vera. As I perched the container onto the cabinet, I had a revelation. . .
"I feel like my orange juice jug looks."
These are the things that pop into my head. I know, it's a scary trap to get caught in . . . my silly little mind!
We have all had these moments, these days, these years. . . giving into the way you "feel" is never the way to go. At these moments where life's troubles seem to be trampling over your heart, what is it you do? Where do you turn? Join me as I journey back to God's will from the deep recesses of how I "feel"!
1. Give Him worship! It is what we were made for. . .
". . . Worship Adonai your God, and serve only Him." Matthew 4:10 (JNT)
Stop focusing on the things you cannot do. Worship is something that you can do, always, regardless of how you "FEEL".
2. Thankfulness is the place to be and stay.
" Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and enter into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name." Psalm 100:4 (NKJV)
Thankfulness is the cure for the heart issues that arise out of focusing on feelings. It is a fact, and NOT as painful as you would think when you are just ready to let go and give it to God!
3. Repeat after me!
"Thank you God! Thank you that you trust me to go through this. Thank you that you are always with me."
4. Finish your glass of orange juice and put the sorry looking jug back in the fridge.
"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16 (NKJV)
Thanks for journeying with me ladies! (((Hugs)))
The Joyful Socks Mom
Here are a few sponsors we are "thankful" for:
- Notebooking Fairy - Ready to implement Notebooking in your homeschool? Get started Here.
- S.H.A.P.E. Academy - We don't waste any fun! Learning is a fun and interactive experience at S.H.A.P.E. Academy.
- MOM ONLY! Boot Camp - Best little Homeschool Conference. Having a Generational Heart in your homeschool. *** Registration open - Tickets limited to 100 attendees - Register Today! ***
This post contains affiliate links. The blog owner receives a small, I repeat s-m-a-l-l, portion of sales generated from these links. This blog writer does not receive compensation for thoughts or opinions expressed on this blog. Thank you for your kind consideration.