2/27/13

When My Life Isn't Homeschool Picture Perfect: RISE UP

Well sister, if you were looking for perfection, you came to the wrong blog!

To quote my most entertaining dad, "Somethin' just ain't quite right about that girl.  Boy howdy, I know that's right." ;)  
He means it in the sweetest way possible, promise.

So, as I am encouraging you all to "RISE UP" to the challenge of homeschooling with a Christ-centered focus, let me be completely transparent about my epic fails in my own efforts.  Here are some reasons my life has not been homeschool picture perfect this week:

  • Truly, I am the learn by-the-seat-of-my-pants skirt, wait till the last minute, oops-I said I would take care of that, homeschool friend at times.  This week, no exception!
  • My life is hectic at times (I know, you are saying, "like who's isn't?").  It takes a huge effort and all the grace that Jesus can bestow upon me to keep my mouth shut & just do what is kind.  Had more than one hiccup with that this week.
  • My husband was ill with the stomach flu this week (yuck * I do not recommend).  Bless his heart, it was bad.  He gave me some lovely flowers to say thanks. . . I probably didn't deserve them.  You know how "we wives" can feel about husbands whining when ill?  Yep, that was me . . . in secret.
  • I had a mild temper flareup when my new hand crank grinder showed up at my door without any instructions.  My handyman (hubby) was sick and I had to ACTUALLY wait 24 hours for it to be fixed.  Not a big deal, right?  Don't worry, I took it out on my prayer walk.  Silly.
  • I slept late on Monday.  Breakfast was WAY off schedule at 9:15 am and I did not get my lesson plans finished.


So, there you have it.  Nothing tragic.  Less than perfect.  Still in one piece.  Living on grace for the remainder of the week . . . and the rest of my life.

I am hanging on to the lovely words of Roxanne Parks, "Whatever the question is, Jesus is the answer."


Prayers for all of my sisters.  Hoping you experience a joyful (even if it may be less than picture perfect) homeschool journey this week.

Joyfully Learning with You,
The Joyful Socks Mom 

Be sure to keep up with Joyful Socks on PinterestTwitter, Instagram Facebook

HERE are other blog posts you might enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.