2/26/12

Anti-Culture in Action: Dearest HOLLYWOOD,

Thanks for reading our blog, our Random Act of Kindness "spring-board". Please take the time to bless us with your comments. Who are we? Take a peak here. http://www.themacrak.com/macfamily.aspx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anti-Culture in Action

Hollywood Sign, Author Minkelhof
My dearest Hollywood,

My old friend, do you remember how we met and became bosom buddies?  I remember well those first tender days.  You helped me to learn to dream.  Dream beyond the small place that I lived in.  I was a child and you much "wiser" than I.  You seemed to know my heart and you knew what to say.  You always appeared to know what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it.  After all, were you not the one who taught me these valuable lessons?

"There's no place like home."
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
"Whistle while you work."
"The sun'll come out tomorrow."
"Every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings."

You made me want to be like you and to be with you all the time.  When I wasn't with you, I was thinking about you.  I began to act like you, more and more.  I emulated what you taught me.  I remember grasping my softball trophy, smiling and giving my "thank you" speech into my bedroom mirror, thanking all the "little people" who had helped me reach the pinnacle of how you told me to measure success.

Now, I am older.  I am wiser and I have changed . . . you have changed too; however, you do not appear much wiser over the years.  Actually you appear to have digressed!  In fact, I'm not sure that you have been a dependable friend over the years.  Now that I am really thinking about it, most of what you taught me to hold dear has not turned out to matter much at all.

I stand now, disillusioned and disenchanted by your so called "message" and I question the motives behind you instructing me in your "wisdom".  I am doubting that you are a true friend to me, or anyone else for that matter.  I believe now that you never had my best interests in mind.

I cannot ignore your consistently declining morals any longer.  I cannot support the "ideals" that you are preaching from the box office.  Our children cannot play at your house anymore.  I just don't think you are healthy for my family.  What I now hold dear, you scoff at and ridicule.  What I know to be the true, you laugh at and shrug off as "outdated spirituality".  You are going down hill quickly and trying to take everyone else down with you.

Perhaps we should consider spending some time apart.  I hope this season of separation will reveal the need for change, in both of us, as we reevaluate the nature of our relationship.  I apologize that I cannot be there for your "big night" Mr. Oscar.  Some how, I feel you will get along without me, as your entire world seems to revolve around YOU!

Academy Awards (Oscars) 1954

Your once loyal friend,
Heather Mac

P.S. "Hasta la vista, baby."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Matthew 7:24-27

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”



*Images provided by: http://publicdomainclip-art.blogspot.com
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.