2/3/12

Launching Forth: Ladies of Calvary - Marriage Challenge Continues. . .

Reverence in Word, Part 6

Greetings ladies, after a more than CONSIDERABLE hiatus, I have decided prayerfully to NOT drop the proverbial “ball” but instead, to try and move over as God uses me and my meager little blog.  I extend my sincerest apologies to those who were following this Bible study for instruction.  Please know that I have responded to the Lord’s calling once again and will obediently allow Him to finish His good work, using me with all humbleness and humility of heart.

In the meantime, the Lord has been disciplining me and blessing me in regard to my own humble walk in “wife-hood”.  I have come to the conclusion, of course, that I need this study just as much, if not more, than anyone else.  In other words, MOVE OVER FLESH – God is still working on me & I am going to let Him!  

Join me.

Let us begin with a prayer:
Dear LORD, most high and mighty, above all and gracious in my life!  To You I give all glory and honor and praise.  Let Your will be done during this study of Your most perfect Word.  Intercede for us Jesus, and reveal Your ways, which are far above ours.  We need Your touch and ask you to bless every word, action and deed performed during this study, only that You alone would receive all the glory!
In Jesus’ victorious name we pray, Amen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Am I willing to wait for the right time and place to prayerfully discuss differences with my husband?"

Scripture Readings: Proverbs 29:11, Proverbs 29:20, Ecclesiastes 8:5

Focus Scripture –

Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 7
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to rend, and a tie to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak.” KJV

"After respectfully appealing to my husband, do I quietly and peacefully accept his final decisions and actions, even when I disagree with him?"

Scripture Readings:  Ecclesiastes 9:17, Ecclesiastes 4:6, 1 Peter 3:5-6

Focus Scripture –

Philippians 2:14
“Do all things without murmurings and disputing.” KJV

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waiting for the right time.  Doing all without complaining.  These attributes seem so distant from my personality, most days.  Yet, God’s Word says this is the kind of wife that He has made me to be . . . even commanded me to be.  Check out Proverbs 31 if you don’t believe me.

So, is there any hope for me – if I keep working in my flesh and responding with my personality, the answer, of course, is Nope!  There is no hope in doing things my way, believe me, I’ve tried plenty. . . over and over again, I’ve tried plenty!!!!  The only hope is Christ living in me.  The hope is to be “broken bread and poured out wine” before the Lord.  Giving up all my willfulness, so that all that is tangible in me in Christ alone.

“There must be a surrender of the will, not a surrender to persuasive power, a deliberate launching forth on God and on what He says until I am no longer confident in what I have done, I am confident only in God.” 
~ Oswald Chambers

How great must God’s faithfulness be in order to perform this kind of fruit in my life!  For if He is able to do all things, we must take comfort that He is able to bring about these good works in our lives as well.
My challenge to you and to myself today?  “LAUNCH FORTH” Ladies, having confidence in God alone, through Jesus Christ, to do in your marriage that which only HE can do!

In Christ's Service,
Mrs. Mac


Weekly Memory Verse

Proverbs 10:19

“In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.”

Commit this scripture to memory during the course of this week, asking the Lord to plant His Word deep in your heart.

• Join our devotional study tomorrow as we tackle two more points in “Reverence in Word”.
• Quotations used that are italicized are from the book As Unto the Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.