12/21/11

Day 12: Ladies of Calvary - 30 Day Marriage Challenge

30 Day Challenge: As Unto the Lord – Day 12



Reverence in Word, Part 5

Please forgive me for being off schedule (again)! I was in desperate need of a “sick” day days away from the computer. I will be playing catch-up today by preparing the next 5 lessons and pre-scheduling them to post during the holidays. That way I do not fall further behind during upcoming family gatherings and with visitors in my home. Thank you for your understanding.

I hope and pray that each of you is carrying away much wisdom from our study of “Reverence in Word”. Today we will continue this portion of study. We will have 2 more lessons, after today, in “Reverence in Word”, then move on to “Reverence in Behavior”. I will also post a new Memory Verse and new Challenge Project later today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. “Do I talk too much?”

Scripture references – Proverbs 25:17, Proverbs 17:27, Job 13:5, Proverbs 21:23

Focus today on Proverbs 10:19

“In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.” Proverbs 10:19 NKJV

2. “Do I talk enough to my husband, remaining open with him, carefully communicating important information to him, encouraging him, praising him, and seeking his counsel?”

Scripture reference – Proverbs 15:17, Proverbs 15:14

Focus scripture Proverbs 10:32

“The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh forwardness.” Proverbs 10:32 NKJV

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We have much to feed on today in Proverbs. This book seems to have much to lend to our study and our walk as wives in the Lord’s service. I would love to study this book with you, my sisters, later next year, more in depth. The wisdom of God, as He imparted it to Solomon, speaks to each generation and confirms over and over the lasting truth in God’s Word. For today though, the scriptures are doing much to pierce my own heart with my particular struggles in this precept of God.



Do I talk too much?” Yes! And that could still be a slight understatement of the reality on how much I actually do communicate verbally, that I ought not to! (Again, no comments necessary Victoria . . . don’t you just LOVE your friends that hold you accountable. I do! :) LOL!) One strong indication that this is true in my life, is the jubilant excitement experienced by both my dear husband and my children when I loose my voice (due to illness or overuse). Ouch! That one hurt.

The Lord has done much growth on me in this area, but like so much in my life, He still has much to finish in me in regard to this precept. I am thankful that He does not tire, nor slumber, nor sleep; fore, I have continually kept Him at His work!

Of course, the focus of our study today communicates our need as wives to have the leading of the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives to enable us to rightly balance talking too much, and then not communicating enough. The key to this issue for me is self-control, coupled with the wisdom needed (as communicated very well in the scripture references for today). I force myself bring to remembrance all the wonderful attributes my husband does possesses and begin to thank God for the blessings He has give to me, through my husband. Five beautiful children, a comfortable home, physical provision . . . the fact that after over ten years he STILL laughs at my jokes regardless of how many times he has heard them before. Thankfulness begins to light that spark of worship and praise in my heart, igniting the leading of the Holy Spirit, which then enables me to speak (or not speak) with the wisdom given of Jesus Christ, Himself!

Amazing that we have the Holy Spirit, the very same power that raised Jesus from the grave, able to help lead my mouth in proper “Reverence in Word” to my husband . . . believe me, it would take no less for me!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Remember your Weekly Challenge? Challenge Project #1:“Review Your Wedding Vows” - - - Please come sign on the blog and share your experience. What did you do to complete this project? How was it received by your hubby? What did you like best about this challenge? What did you like the least?

Did you miss the Challenge Project? Go back and check it out to join in! I will be posting on Monday this coming week to share my own Challenge Project outcome & post our new project.

NEW CHALLENGE PROJECT & MEMORY VERSE COMING LATER TODAY!

In Christ’s service,
Mrs. Mac says, "Welcome!"
Sister Mac

(a.k.a. Joyful Socks Mom)

Tomorrow, we will continue with Reverence of Word and examine our willingness to wait for the right time to speak and respect in our appeals to our husband.

*Please remember to make comments directly to this blog if possible. Simply click on the title of this post above (in the email) and you will be redirected to the blog. Once there, you can post a comment at the bottom of the lesson.*

• Quotations used that are italicized are from the book As Unto the Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Change the CULTURE!!!
wedding_wish_list.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.