12/12/11

Ladies of Calvary: 30 Day Marriage Challenge - Day 7

30 Day Challenge: As Unto the Lord – Day 7


Good day, my beloved sisters in the Lord! I hope and pray that the LORD is touching you daily with His Word during this study. You are each so precious to Him in every way and I know He is pleased with your fervent seeking of His blessings in your marriage and life. He is good and greatly to be praised. Let us each give Him thanks today for His perfect plan for our lives and dive into His Word with one accord.

Reverence in Heart, Part 7

1. “Do I trust God to lead me through my husband, working ALL things out for my ultimate good?”

Romans 8:28, Genesis 50:20

Focus scripture Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you and expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV

2. “Am I choosing to honor my husband’s position as head over me (even when his actions, or lack of them, may be sinful) because of my desire to obey God?”

1 Peter 2:18-19

Focus scripture: Ephesians 5:22

“Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your husbands, as unto the Lord.” Ephesians 5:22 NKJV

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Trusting the LORD to lead us, using our husbands, to work it all out for our good can really be a “tall order” for many of us . . . I’m raising my hand in agreement over here too! Ultimately my dear husband is, in fact, a man. The LORD says in His Word that “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). My husband is included in this, as well as I. This is exactly why God commands me, as wife and helper to my husband, to keep my eyes solely focused on Him! This is also why we began our study with asking ourselves, “Where am I, individually, with my relationship to Christ?”

The foundational truth to changing the culture of your marriage is this, trust the LORD and walk with Him daily, and He will see it all right in His time. Now, you either trust that this is so, or you do not. If you are having a difficult time believing this, please let me encourage you, you are not alone. A wife who finds herself discouraged and having a difficult time trusting the Lord’s promises must take heart, for we have all (at one time or another) been there too. Hold on tightly to God’s promises and speak them daily over your life and marriage.

“Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:” Psalm 37:7

When you seek the Lord’s favor and blessing in your marriage then you must seek to obey Him alone. Do not surrender to the worries, hurts or wrongs that have been done to you. When you submit yourself, and your marriage, fully to the working of the Holy Spirit in your life then you are moving toward God completing the work He has started in you. The old adage about “good” coming to those who wait is proven true over and over again in God’s Word. (See Joseph, Moses, Abraham, Naomi and more!) God may not work on your timetable, nor in the way you might expect, but He ALWAYS keeps His promises!

Pray fervently, and daily, specifically for your husband and do not give up. You may want to give up when you do not immediately see God “working it out” or when you do not see “fruit” in your husband’s life. God will honor YOUR faithfulness, even when your husband is not being faithful. Do not reach for bitterness, worry, despair, or anger. Do “not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:9)

You are called of God to fulfill His commands in your own life, regardless of your husband’s actions. My husband’s obedience to God, or lack thereof, does not determine weather I should be faithful myself. I, myself, am responsible for following God’s Word and His leading in my life. This means too, that you must trust God to bring your husband around to His will in His time. That comes through conviction given of the Holy Spirit – it does not come from you! You must put your faith fully in the LORD, for He alone knows and changes the hearts and minds of men.

Submit to the Lord in your life and the “peace that passes all understanding” will rule and reign in your heart, even when circumstances say otherwise. God is creating in you a thankfulness and ability to see the blessings in your life amidst unwanted circumstances. Trust in Christ alone, for He loves you and cares for you. God knows what is best in each one of our lives, trust sister, that this is so. Give Him glory for all of it and commit it fully to His hands, and He will be faithful to His Word in your life . . . ALWAYS!

Memory Verse

Do not forget to commit your memory verse to your heart this week. We will have a new verse next Sunday.

Ephesians 5:22

“Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.”

In Christ’s service,

Sister Mac
(a.k.a. Joyful Socks Mom)
Mrs. Mac says, "Welcome!"

*Join our 30 Day Challenge tomorrow as we move on the giving our husbands “Reverence in Word”.
• All quotes in italics are taken directly from the book As Unto The Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.

Philippians 2:13



“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.