12/10/11

Ladies of Calvary: 30 Day Marriage Challenge - Day 4

30 Day Challenge: As Unto the Lord – Day 4


Today we welcome a few new ladies to our Bible study. I am overjoyed to have so many sisters joining, with one mind, to seek the Lord in our lives and marriages. Please do not hesitate to email me with prayer requests, comments or suggestions, as well as commenting directly to these blog posts. Let us pray for the LORD’s almighty hand to be with us as we begin today’s devotional.

Reverence in Heart, Part 4

1. “Do I daily study the Bible, seeking to understand God’s Word and His will for my life? Does God’s Word govern my relationship with my husband?”

Psalm 119:130, Psalm 143:10, Proverbs 4:7, Proverbs 31:17, Psalm 40:8, Job 23:12b

I would like to focus on Isaiah 55:11 this morning.

“So shall my Word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11 NKJV

2. “Do I acknowledge and humbly rest in the fact that God, in His loving sovereignty, has placed my husband over me?”

1 Corinthians 11:3, Ephesians 5:23, Hebrews 13:17

Focus scripture: Psalm 131:1-2

“LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.” Psalm 131:1-2 NKJV

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am praying specifically today that the LORD would grant us all wisdom, knowledge and understanding in these matters. Stepping forward and asking for God to reveal these great mysteries to us as wives and help meets, is the first step to submitting ourselves to God’s government in ruling our marriages and lives. Trusting and obeying God’s commands and design for marriage will only come when we are, with our hearts, actively seeking to gain wisdom in these matters that, at times (more when you are me), are far beyond our physical realm of understanding.

Today’s devotional readings and thoughts spoke to my heart in two different areas of need in my own life. First, the need of leaning on God’s Word is paramount to a life that seeks to please Him, alone, in every way. Circumstances that surround me do not determine whether God’s Word is true or relevant in my life. God’s Word NEVER returns void – stand on that truth today and never let it go! Speak the promises of God over your own life, family, church and marriage – no matter what the external circumstances. The LORD will ALWAYS honor His Word and bless those who speak it out in faith!

The second “gem” from today for me was the reminder for me to submit, wholeheartedly, to the fact that God’s pattern for my marriage is good and meant to bring peace to my soul. Look, I am NOT married to a perfect man . . . *gasp* . . . are you shocked? Well, sorry but he is not perfect and neither am I, but God has placed him over me in marriage. Why should I then, be a comforted? This world says, “You are a woman, equal to man, and you can do anything better than him.” That is NOT what God’s Word says and that is no longer the system that I will live by nor submit to. I am comforted that the LORD says that I do not have to worry about things that are “lofty” and “too high for me”. I want the blessings that the LORD will give to she that willfully surrenders to His will and pattern for her life.

Lord, my Savior and King Jesus, I am small, humble and meek. Here I am LORD, have your way with my life and my marriage. “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.” (Luke 1:38)

In Christ’s service,

Sister Mac

(a.k.a. Joyful Socks Mom)
• All quotes in italics are taken directly from the book As Unto The Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.

Philippians 2:13

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some for titles from Pam Forester that we love:
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.