12/21/11

Day 13: Ladies of Calvary - 30 Day Marriage Challenge

30 Day Challenge: As Unto the Lord – Day 13


Today we will be veering from our regular format to issue our new Memory Verse and Challenge Project for the upcoming week of study. I hope that you had a successful week of study (despite interruptions in posting - sorry) and that you were able to glean much from the Word of God.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We will briefly discuss our Challenge Project from last week. Then, I will be asking you to complete another Challenge Project & then to begin memorizing the Memory Verse for the upcoming week.

Our previous challenge was:

“Review Your Wedding Vows”

• “Write out your wedding vows. If you do not remember your vows, try to find them or copy one. (Try the internet or email Sister Mac for ideas)


• Write down specific ways in which you are fulfilling each portion of your vows.


• Write down specific ways in which you are failing to fulfill your vows.


• Pray over these lists and repent of your failings.


• Make a list of specific actions you can take to more faithfully fulfill your vows.


• With God’s help, put these actions into practice.


• Renew your vows with your husband. This can be a simple confession of your failings and a verbal commitment to better serve your husband. You could also make the renewal of vows more formal or memorable with a special meal or surprise date.”

I had some difficulty recalling what I had committed to, so I dug deep in the archives and rescued my wedding vows from the file folder they were tucked away in. I spent time reflecting and allowing God to renew (and restore, where needed) my covenant with my husband. The gentle reminder that “Love never fails” was an encouraging hope brought to my mind while reading my vows once again. It is amazing the clarity that God’s Word brings, coupled with the experience of 10 years of marriage (this coming year).

wedding Bride Groom 4

I have prepared a plan of action, with the Holy Spirit’s leading, to begin restoring the failings that I have had in fulfilling my vows to my husband, in the past. Next, I took time to prepare my vows by writing them in calligraphy on parchment paper, placed them in a frame and I am giving them to my husband as a gift during the holidays. (I am also planning a secret date once my family comes to help out during the winter break. *Shhhsh* don’t tell!)

I also wanted to share the outcome of my “mini” challenge from Day 11 (if you missed it, check out the post here). Pictured below is my daily visual reminder. It hangs now on my bathroom mirror and helps me to stay focused on my purpose, given by God, throughout the day.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This week’s Challenge Project is inspired by a book that I completed back in 2009 called The Love Dare by: Stephen & Alex Kendrick (The makers of the movie Fireproof, Courageous & Facing the Giants). This book can be completed alone or with your spouse. I will be featuring this book during February and conducting an online “Love Dare” Challenge on my blog – so tune in for that.

Challenge Project #2:


Make a Praise List

Take pen and paper and begin making a list of all the positive attributes that your husband possesses. Make the list as long as you possibly can. Take the sheet of paper and hide it away in a secret place (we will be recalling it later in our study). Now, choose from your list one positive quality from your list and find a moment or two, during the course of the week, to thank your husband for possessing this quality. Use this list, as needed, to begin giving thanks for all that God has provided for you already, through your husband.

• The above statement is “revised” quote for the book The Love Dare by: Stephen and Alex Kendrick

Memory Verse

Proverbs 10:19

“In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.”

Commit this scripture to memory during the course of this week, asking the Lord to plant His Word deep in your heart.

• Join our devotional study tomorrow as we tackle two more points in “Reverence in Word”.
• Quotations used that are italicized are from the book As Unto the Lord by Pam Forester unless otherwise sited in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing our blog with your joyful comments.