The Squeaker has started her finger-knitting project and it is keeping her busy and focused . . . Nice bonus! (Big thank you to our pastor's daughter for teaching her at Co-op) Here is a tutorial that we found online, along with ideas on how to use your finger-knitting strands.
I also love this How-to Teach Child or Teen Knitting Lens - great resource!
Here are just a few projects you can craft with your finger knitting strands:
- Bracelet - of course!: Here is a basic Yarn Bracelet, Jersey T-Shirt Knit Bracelet and here is another Jersey T-shirt Bracelet.
- Fuzzy Little Caterpillar:
- Flowers: Knit Flower Tutorial,
- Headbands: This is a great Braided Headband
- Necklace: Finger Knitted Nautical Necklace, Necklace & Garland Tutorial
- Stylish Scarf: Simply knit your strands, tying them off with a hefty knot and fraying them at the ends. Here is a style we call Knot-Scarves. The Bug made some of these this weekend for our "Craft booth" collection.
- Knot Scarves: This tutorial is using crochet chains, but it works just as beautifully with finger knitted strands.
Here is a great tutorial we found for the Bug to join in the knitting fun, as I am a crocheter and am clueless to knitting techniques. : ( The one weakness to my crafty super powers!
this link to view the easy, squeazy how-to. This is a lovely way for the younger kiddos to knit. It helps them keep the stitches more even and tighter than if they are just using their tiny fingers.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get to knitting!!!
Have a blessed Resurrection & Passover Weekend all!
The Joyful Socks Mom